A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Sound decay property not rendering in Sound Field and Effector
Posted: 17 December 2019 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2019-12-15

Hi!

Having an issue where both the sound field and sound effector’s decay parameter is not working properly.

The viewport shows an accurate simulation of what i’m trying to achieve, but when I bake or render the animation it gets incredibly jittery and loses all fluidity.

I’ve come across a few other threads similar to this and as of yet nobody has provided an answer.

Project and render settings set at 25fps. Steps set to 15 in project settings.

The issue was replicated by another member on the GSG slack channel.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted: 17 December 2019 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi mkie006,

A project file could show me what settings were enabled. One typical problem is that the viewport is not set to show all frames. (Which might make it look smooth, but it isn’t). If I do not have a project file (with related assets), I can’t do anything.

However, since you seem to be pretty sure that this is a bug:
Any technical problem needs to go to the support; I’m not supposed to do this work, for many reasons.
Please create a ticket:
https://www.maxon.net/en/support-center

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 18 December 2019 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2019-12-15

Hi! Just sent you a PM with the drive download link for all the project files + assets. Let me know if there’s anything else you need and thanks a lot for helping.

Posted: 18 December 2019 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

(So, for this, I went to a little laptop with its separate network, and checked the file.)

Going by the music, a trance-like motion might be targeted. So, I placed a Delay Effector after the three other Effectors. You might also notice that I placed the Effectors above the Cloner, and not as a child under the Clone.
You will find a stripped version of your file as a URL download [21MB]. The critical parameter of the Delay (Blend) is placed as HUD into the interface. So you can adjust it as you need to smooth the motion. (Perhaps 45% is better?)

I checked the file I got, with and without the cache. I can see the nervous motion with the cache. With the Delay Effector, you will see no difference in Editor or rendering, at least here I can’t.
I hope that is to your liking now. You can quickly place a Delay Effector in the original scene and hopefully continue with your project.

If there is any other question, I’m happy to look into it. I will leave the Dropbox link open for now. Or use your Google account.

ENJOY

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 18 December 2019 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2019-12-15

Thanks a lot! I’ll check this out and let you know how I get on! Cheers :D

Posted: 18 December 2019 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the reply, mkie006!

Yes, let me know, and if anything else needs to be explored, I’m happy to do so.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW: