A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Unable to Install ArtSmart for R20
Posted: 20 July 2019 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2017-11-07

Hello,

I noticed today that I never installed ArtSmart on my copy of R20, so I attempted to correct this today. However, when I try to install ArtSmart, I see a notification that reads “All installations failed. Please try again or report a bug via the help menu.”

I’m also noticing that plugins I previously had installed, but later removed in attempting to do a clean install of Cinema for unrelated troubleshooting issues are placed in the ‘History’ tab of CV Toolbox. These all return the same error message.

What can I do on my end to remedy this particular issue? I’ve tried removing the toolbox from the plugins sub-directory within the preferences folder and then re-pasting it, though, this doesn’t seem to provide a remedy for me.

Posted: 22 July 2019 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Joined  2017-11-07

While I’ve still not been able to get the Toolbox to work correctly, I’ve found that downloading the files for individual plugins and adding those to the ‘Plugins’ folder within Cinema’s preferences directory works just fine.

Posted: 22 July 2019 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

CV-Toolbox maintains a log of what plugins are installed, but you should be able to clean it up by choosing Verify Install Log from the CV-Toolbox File menu. Otherwise, you can clear the log by deleting installlog.xml within the cvToolbox folder of you prefs to make it think none of the plugins are installed.

Posted: 22 July 2019 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2017-11-07

Ah, thanks Rick! I’ll check that out today and see if that remedies the issue I was having. Thanks for the info!