A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
CV-SmartExport: Download and Install
Posted: 11 February 2019 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Eric Gooch,

It temporarily changes the name, but it should go back to the name it got before the export happen. Was the file saved?

I used R20 of course, CV-Export version 1.22 from 2018-11-05.

If you can repeat this after a restart and saving the file, would you mind to share the scene-file, I will check it in the morning.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 12 February 2019 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Erich Gooch,

As long as I leave the Preference Settings “Selected Only” unchecked, all works as it should, and I can use the Single Object option of the plugin with no problem. The exported files will be named as directed and the original file’s name is untouched.
I will, however, move your post to the Toolbox forum where it belongs, this thread was more about installation.

All the best

Eric Gooch - 11 February 2019 04:12 PM

Thanks!

On further investigation, it seems to have something to do with the fact that R20 now has a built-in option to export only the selected object in the scene.
And as you know, CV-Smart Export also has an option to export only what is selected.

If I have the Selected Only option unchecked in the settings for CV-Export, it will rename my scene file when it exports.
But if I check the Selected Only box in CV-Export settings, it then exports nothing!
(That is when the built-in FBX export preference in C4D is set to export only what is selected. “Selection Only”.)

I’ve only tested this with the FBX format.
I’m using the latest version of CV-Export.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

2 of 2