A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-AR: Setup, Capture, Import, and Rig an Animji-style Facial Performance
Posted: 08 July 2018 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-06-30

Hi there can you please do a tutorial about how you attached face on a human head model?

Posted: 01 January 2019 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-10-10

Hi Donovan,

This is incredible!
I am trying to figure out how to transfer this motion capture to a high resolution sculpted model, if you could do a more in-depth tutorial that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
D

Posted: 16 January 2019 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2018-11-08

Hi Donovan

I’m still in learning mode what blend shapes do ... eg. which blend shape is helping my characters face ... Therefore I would like to have the ability of activate/deactivate blend shapes to evaluate faster, which blend shape is important ... Or is there already an option to do so?

Greez, Mike C.

Posted: 24 January 2019 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi Mike,

There is no way to activate/deactivate blend shapes on your recorded face capture itself. When capturing your own face likeness it only has the animated vertex positions for these recordings, so you can’t in this case deactivate Jaw Open and see the result on your own face.

The blend shapes can be used to drive the animation of other objects, or the strength of Pose Morphs.

To use the blend shapes with Pose Morphs you will have to sculpt each blend shape yourself for your new mesh. There is no way to automatically create the blend shapes pose morphs at the moment.

You can see what a blend shape does by checking the official apple documentation. If you click on one of the blend shape names you will see an image at the top of the page that shows what parts of the face that blend shape controls.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/arkit/arfaceanchor/blendshapelocation

This post goes over some of this in a bit more detail: https://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/3216/

If you would like a tutorial that covers how to do this in detail then please request one in a new thread, perhaps call it CV-AR Pose Morph Workflow Tutorial, so that we have a record of it rather than it being buried inside another thread such as this one.

I hope the information above helps for now. smile

Best,
Kent

Posted: 29 January 2019 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi ruffj,

You can drive your robot head by using XPresso and use the Local Matrix from the Face Mesh to drive the Local Matrix of your robot head. To move the head around the scene make sure to place it under a Null.

Alternatively you could drive the head by using XPresso again by this time use the Capture with the Capture->Extra Data->Matrices->Face->Position and Rotation. And link this to the Position and Rotation of your head.

I am not sure what you mean by turn the head 360.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 16 November 2021 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2021-05-04

Hi Kent, it says that this app is not available in my current region. What is the region it is available in? I’m assuming United States? I am from the uk but I bought my computer in the USA and I live in the USA currently haha. I would really like to use this app!!

Posted: 16 November 2021 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi jgwhitehouse00,

Please have a look here:
https://www.maxon.net/en/article/introducing-moves-by-maxon

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]