A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-Tokens Plugin request
Posted: 15 September 2018 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-09-09

Dear Cineversity team

I was recently playing with takes for the first time and noticed that tokens are very handy when you have to render out lots of different takes of something.
CV-Tokens expands this, which is nice, however I miss one token that would help me out A LOT:
To be able to have the whole take-hierarchy as a token and therefore filename.

Example: When you have lots of versions of something, you often have not just a few takes on the same hierarchy level, you might have many many takes as subtakes. And those subtakes might have even more subtakes…

Now, it would be amazing to be able to have a token that just names your renders like your take/sub-take/sub-take hierarchy is called.
Hope you know what I mean smile

Could this be added to CV-token? It would be incredible!

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Oliver

Posted: 18 September 2018 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Joined  2014-09-09

Dear Cineversity crew

I’m sorry I’m not familiar yet with the process of plugin feature request on this platform…
But I’m looking forward to your reply smile
Would be great to know if what I was asking for above is even possible at all and how the chances are to see this soon in the Plugin smile

Kind regards,
Oliver

Posted: 18 September 2018 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Hey Oliver,

Thanks for your feedback - sorry we missed your initial post.

The great news is we just added the full take hierarchy as part of the new CV-Tokens update for R20. So if you’ve got R20 and CV-Tokens you can use the $cvTake token and you’ll get take_subtake_subsubtake etc.

Posted: 19 September 2018 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2014-09-09

Hi Rick!

Oh very cool, thanks a lot! Sounds exactly like what I was looking for.

I do have R20, but it’s not yet used for production. I’m still on R19 for “serious” stuff.
Is the Update of CV-Token R20 only then..?

And also: Is it a premium membership plugin or does it also work with the free account of cineversity?

Kind regards,
Oliver

Posted: 19 September 2018 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

Yeah - we assume that since most Cineversity subscribers have gotten it via MSA that most are on the current version, so we usually don’t recompile updates for earlier versions. If they work - great - but we don’t put in the effort to make them work. With the API changes in R20, any updates to C++ plugins will in most cases be limited to R20. Python plugins may see updates in R19 because the API is mostly still compatible.

CV-Tokens is a premium plugin. The only non-premium Cineversity plugin is CV-ArtSmart.

Posted: 18 December 2018 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-13

Hi Rick,
So we have to pay the one year membership to have the updated Tokens? Is there any way to pay only for the Tokens?

Cheers!

Posted: 19 December 2018 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

CV-Tokens are part of the Cineversity Premium membership, so yes you’ll need a membership. But if you have a Maxon Service Agreement you should’ve received a coupon for a free membership year.