A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Object multiplied at collision
Posted: 28 March 2012 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-03-08

Hi all,

I got another question here regarding collision.

I have a sphere colliding with an object while going down on a slope.
What i am trying to do is to make the sphere multiplied when it collided with something ( either a collider object or another sphere )

I tried to put a ball inside the main ball, put rigid body on both and simulate it, but it ended up a mess :D. I kinda lost on the inherit tag, individual elements and the trigger.
Even if it works, i dont think i can do a second collision with this method.

I also thinking probably there is a TP way for this, but i havent figured out how to work this multiplying on collision thing.

So if anybody can help me with this i will greatly appreciate it. :D

Posted: 28 March 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-03-08

Here is an attachment of rough version of how the result of the multiplying sphere should be.

Posted: 28 March 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Rio.Matthew,

In Thinking Particles, the PFragment node would do the trick.

The problem with such constructions is, that the new objects intersect for a moment, which is not really something that works well with Dynamics. Of course there is an option to shut this of (Self-collision, for clone producing objects), but then again, you might that all objects behave individually.

You might find a option in Thinking Particles, and based on that you might produce Particle based clones. (In the old forum we had a similar question with spheres shooting around the globe and where they hit, they shoot out a bunch of them. It was for the “24h” around the world project.

All the best
Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]