A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Spline Wrap is making my textures not stick!
Posted: 19 March 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-10-13

I cannot for the life of me figure out why my textures won’t stick. Its the bump map thats the prob? Can you check out this file?

thank you so much.

Posted: 19 March 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-10-13

not sure if the file posted. Here it is.

https://files.me.com/davidkerman/7e4blv

Posted: 19 March 2012 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi David,

Let me start with one note, Stick Textures works only on polygonal objects, not on Nurbs.

The projection methods that you have set up (e.g spherical) have their origin where the Yellow “mesh” from the texture tool is. This is not moving with the text-objects. In this way you “drag” practically the objects trough the texture projection.

I would suggest two ways to get it done—with this project, as you animated the circles and not the “Spline Wrap”.

a)
Make the ExtrudeNURBS editable, and animate the extrude effect via PLA (Point Level Animation), before you use the Spline Wrap. In this way you get UV(W) coordinates and even Stick Texture would work.

b)
As you have animated the Circles you can take that information and animate the Texture Tag (see attached file). In this way the projection moves with the circle and at least the caps (Roundings) stay.

Little tip, all of that might works best with the “Spline Wrap>Object>>Spline:“Fix Bounding Box” set to on.

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r13_drs_12_TXxp_01.zip  (File Size: 564KB - Downloads: 243)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]