A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Cloning Area Lights set to Show in render Bug
Posted: 05 March 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2006-07-25

I have animated a area light from 1-80 and when I scrub through it I see that the light is getting lit up.. But when I take that animation and add it to a cloner set to object mode and using a spline something weird happens. Once i scrub you see the light going from 1-80 but once i scrub pass that the lights starts to fade back down to 0.. Im not sure if this is a bug or you just cant use a area light set to object.. My only other solution that I can think of is to leave the light on 80 and just animate a display tag.. Any ideas? Im uploading the file also.. Im using C4D13

http://jeanruesta.com/LightBug.c4d.zip

File Attachments
LightBug.c4d.zip  (File Size: 51KB - Downloads: 207)

Posted: 05 March 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

HI there,

Have you updated to the newest version? Please check the online updating option.

You might contact the support if nothing else helps.

I understand that this is only a preview problem for you, not a render problem.

Good luck

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 05 March 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2006-07-25

It was in my render also. Ill check to see if im using the latest updates..  Im using those lights as the lights of a conveyor belt and I get black when viewing the final render.. My scene is super heavy and it takes like 3 days to render.. Im using GI also.. Thank you

Posted: 05 March 2012 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

The issue is not an issue of the area light but an issue with the cloner being set to object mode, it does not seem to like dealing with the empty frames hanging off the end of the light objects animation track.

Adding a key at the end should help.

Other than that you are looking at a bug.
As Dr. Sassi stated, this should be sent to MAXON tech support…pretty much anytime you run across something that you think isn’t working or or not working correctly fire it off to them…or MAXON will never know there is an issue.

File Attachments
light_tracks.zip  (File Size: 75KB - Downloads: 218)

Posted: 05 March 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

My suggestion until it is cleared what is causing it, my suggestion:

Clones become color-values from the Cloner Object, or (based on the set up) from the Effectors as well.

The “Color” that the Cloner Object provides is part of the cloned lights as well. To have two sources that can influence the light is not really my favorite thing to animate, if one source can do the trick.

Leave the intensity to 100% (not animated at all!) and animate with the Cloner Object>Transform>Color. This might help to get stable results, at least I get it here in this way.

All the best
Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 05 March 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2006-07-25

Thank You Guys.. I will try both methods..