16 of 16
CV-ArtSmart
Posted: 07 September 2017 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-08-03

Hey how do I get the CV-ArtSmart Object to give actual material tags instead of Artmart Path Info Tags? I’m trying to convert an Artsmart object to a third party render engine. Need to be able to convert the actual materials.

Posted: 07 September 2017 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]  
Total Posts:  5457
Joined  2011-03-03

Hi Dave_MW,

I have no idea what 3rd party render is used, and I’m certain I do not have installed this one. But just try the file below.

Scene File
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/xM3Mg44iHDCMcIGWKFRNYiONJL57hVSIv4sANpXZdUQ

If the colors are red-orange then the MoGraph Material has taken over.

Just a test, perhaps it works.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials: Texture, Panorama, HDRI, Camera Projection, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

Posted: 08 September 2017 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]  
Joined  2016-08-03

It was something so so simple! I was using compression on my AI document…. Thanks!

Posted: 08 September 2017 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2007-07-02
Dave_MW - 08 September 2017 09:09 AM

It was something so so simple! I was using compression on my AI document…. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing what caused the issue, should save the next person some trouble!

Posted: 01 March 2018 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]  
Joined  2015-09-15

Firstly, thanks for a very useful plugin!

I’ve encountered an issue copying closed multi-segment splines from C4D to Illustrator.

If an open multi-segment spline is created with e.g. the Spline Pen and then Close Spline is checked in the AM, it displays correctly in C4D but pastes into Illustrator with a point removed and altered tangent handles.

I think the issue derives from a conflict between the spline’s parameters and its Segment Tag, which retains the data {‘closed’ : False} after Close Spline is enabled (the data buffer is not writeable in C4D using Python).

I’d normally create closed spline paths anyway but at the moment I’m using Edge To Spline output. ETS creates multi-segment splines from full loops which are open with coincident start and end points. The issue arises when these splines are made non-linear and closed, and the Round command is used to reduce points.

For now I’m using a script to explode and reconnect spline segments as a workaround. This creates a correctly updated Segment Tag.

Just flagging the issue in case it’s not too difficult to compensate for this behaviour in an update.

Posted: 02 March 2018 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2006-01-24

It’s been awhile, but I seem to recall trying to work around that problem and not finding a solution. I’ll put it in the backlog again though to investigate the next time I’m in the code.

Posted: 04 March 2018 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]  
Joined  2015-09-15

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve delved into things further and created a small patch for artsmartcore.py to address the issue.

It also covers a similar behaviour related to the same data mismatch: multi-segment splines created closed and then opened in the AM paste into AI as closed paths.

I was wrong about being unable to write to the segment tag data. For the record, SetAllHighlevelData() isn’t supported for this tag type but low-level access is available.

If you’re interested I can post the code here (17 lines) or send the updated file with a PM.

16 of 16

CV-Toolbox ››