A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

14 of 17
CV-ArtSmart
Posted: 21 January 2016 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-01-20

I have attached the AI file and a screenshot of the logo, the dark color is suppose to a very light blue.

Thanks

File Attachments
_AI.zip  (File Size: 490KB - Downloads: 277)

Posted: 21 January 2016 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02
cjones_55 - 21 January 2016 07:06 PM

I have attached the AI file and a screenshot of the logo, the dark color is suppose to a very light blue.

The Blue shows up as a dark blue in AI for me.
ogo.png

When I import it into C4D it appears black - but that’s because it’s not being hit straight on by a 100% bright light.
nC4D.png

Try adding a light to your scene and increase it’s brightness about 100% to something like 150%. You’ll see that the color actually is blue. Perhaps you can use the “Create Materials” command in ArtSmart and just increase the Value of the blue material until it looks more like you want.
nC4DHighExposure.png

Posted: 14 March 2016 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]  
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2013-04-10

I’m a huge fan of the copying splines from C4d into Illustrator feature which than can be brought over into AFX and be used as masks or to drive other effects.

But as my knowledge in Illustrator is pretty limited wink would it be also possible to add a direct way from C4d into AFX without the need to first copy and paste it into Illustrator?

In addition would it be possible to add a feature to copy and paste animated splines from C4d into AFX?
If this wouldn’t be directly possible, a workaround might be to copy the spline from C4d into Illustrator force C4d to go to the next frame and repeat the action by pasting it onto a new layer (but I’m not sure if this is even possible).
Than the artist could copy and paste the splines from Illustrator one by one into the mask path of a layer. Sure this could be pretty tedious and not much fun, but in the end it could do the job and we would have an animated mask in AFX which would match the C4d one.

Posted: 15 April 2016 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]  
Joined  2013-04-22

I have got a huge problem with CV-Art-Smart in Thea Render. :/
Thea recognises the extruded shapes but no matter what it doesnt see the materials/colors - everything is just white.
Is there a workarond or update that could help?

Iam on Cinema 4d R17 Studio (Windows 7 Pro 64 bit) with the latest release of thea for c4d.

Thanks - besides this Thea struggle Art Smart is amazing!

Posted: 15 April 2016 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

I’ve never used Thea, so I’m not quite sure how the material system works. ArtSmart uses the object’s display color to store the colors from illustrator, and creates C4D standard materials when you use the Create Materials command. Can Thea normally render C4D standard materials?

Posted: 15 April 2016 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]  
Joined  2013-04-22

Thea natively auto-converts native c4d materials behind the scene internalyy and translate it for the thea engine.
The only workaround was downconverting my 20 cv-art-smart objects to their basic status (null-object with extrude-objects and their splines…and giving each of those extruded splines their (by art smart) generated material… cumbersome…but works… would be great if it could work without this workaround - does art-smart work in octane?
Iam trying to adapt thea to every single upcoming projects… right now it is lacking some things but i think it is very underestimated - i like it way more than octane..but it has its way to go before becoming mainstream as octane.

Posted: 21 April 2016 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-08-01

wish there was a easy way to scale items.
I have my design scaled in inches in illustrator
having it import as pts is difficult to deal with
considering C4d doesnt even support points as a standard unit of measure.

Please add a scaling drop down. so you can select what unit of measurement the original artwork was created in.
and then it would convert it automatically to the working unit of measurement.

Posted: 26 April 2016 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24
Florian - 15 April 2016 07:37 AM

I have got a huge problem with CV-Art-Smart in Thea Render.

I just tested with Thea and after using the Create Materials command the material / color renders fine here. I’ll keep testing to see if I can replicate your issue.

Posted: 04 October 2016 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]  
Joined  2013-04-10

I have a general ArtSmart Question:
What do I have to look out for when preparing Vector Art in Illustrator so that ArtSmart can reas it correctly? I’m not a huge Illustrator Artist (just knowing a few basics and often times I have to do some trail and error to get to point where I’m satisfied or where I have to hand it over to a more skilled artist) so I would love to know what works and what doesn’t and how to prepare a file. Maybe you guys could also release a full tutorial about this topic.

Thanks a lot. Best regards

Posted: 04 October 2016 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

The main things to keep in mind are that you need to Create Outlines for any text, and that ArtSmart doesn’t support dashed lines, gradients or patterns. Otherwise strokes and fills should come in just fine.

If you run into issues, please post the file so I can investigate.

Posted: 07 October 2016 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]  
Joined  2013-04-10

If you run into issues, please post the file so I can investigate.

Right now I don’t have a file but as soon as I have some trouble I will post the file. Thanks grin

Posted: 13 October 2016 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-10-13

Edit: solved my own issue. Disregard!

Posted: 17 October 2016 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]  
Joined  2016-10-13

This may be something that has been discussed previously, or it may just be a general bug with C4D/user error, but I’m having an issue utilizing ArtSmart.

Essentially, what I’m looking to do is animate text into a scene letter-by-letter.

I create the text in Illustrator, convert to outlines, save, bring in with ArtSmart, etc. I click “Use MoGraph” and “Show Hierarchy” under the Object options. I assign materials to each letter, set up scaling, and finish setting up the text. Under the ArtSmart object, there are two Fracture objects, with the second one being a child of the first and containing each of the letters in individual Null->Extrude->Path style hierarchies.

I then create a Plain effector, animating the position and rotation. The Plain effector is assigned to the second fracture object. Everything looks fine in the viewport, but when I render, none of the fracture objects are animating properly with their Plain effectors. When I select the Fracture object that was assigned a Plain effector, the Plain effector that was assigned is no longer assigned.

Is this user error? Software bug? Plugin bug?

P.S. I have had similar issues with the Fracture object and text that has been brought in from Illustrator before, but I can usually turn the object on/off and the Plain effector starts working again. Also, I’ve never had an experience where the effector won’t stay applied to an object.

Posted: 17 October 2016 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

Does it work if you apply the effector in the Layers tab, rather than using Show Hierarchy? The Show Hierarchy option can be problematic because C4D will re-generate the hierarchy and override your changes. It’s mostly there for debug purposes to see what’s being generated.

Posted: 17 October 2016 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]  
Joined  2016-10-13

It does work, but instead of having the ability to animate the letters in individually, the entire group animates.

Annnnd I figured it out myself. You need to add the effector under the Layers tab, not the Layer Effector tab.

14 of 17

CV Toolbox R23 ››