A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

[2012-03-07] MagicPuzzle and Material UVW
Posted: 07 March 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

In this show, we look at the free new Magic Puzzle plugin from Nitro4D, and how to use Material UVW passes to replace footage on broken or curved surfaces in After Effects.

Featured Plugins
Magic Puzzle by Nitro4D
Re:Map by RE:Vision Effects
Youveelizer by Maltaannon

Show Updates
Opt-in for Cineversity Live emails
Follow @Cineversity on Twitter
Cineversity Live Podcast

News
X-Particles plugin
Motioneers.net - cool new tutorial site
C4Dtools.net - Xpresso Presets, Models & Python plugins
MatteMatic
eyedesyn - a cool C4D tutorial site
the pixel lab - another cool C4D tutorial site
Ferraglio Frankenstein Short

Archived Show

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks Rick and Andy, as usual I follow the CV-Live. But I do not use the chat, for many reasons.

Roughly six years ago, I was in contact with RE:Vision and I produced a tutorial for them about the UVW channel from C4D to Ae. Pretty much at that time I indroduced this plug in to many other people, as it is a big help. It might be true for the Youveelizer, but I haven’t tested it so far.

As Rick mentioned Anti Alias is not an option for Data based image channels. I had the impression that point was a little bit blurry after too much input in the talk. So here my point of view to the theme.

These are numbers and each single pixel can carry only one value (RGB). In the moment these values do not arrive “healthy” at the plug in, the effect will be compromised.

I highly suggest to go with 32bit/c (channel) and not with anything lower to work. Please note that the “.hri” format is a 32 bit/p format. It means 32bit per pixel, it is a 4*8bit/c. A big no to use in professional environment for this kind of work. It is in ever second book described wrongly. OpenEXR is the most efficient format to my knowledge which is as well Industry standard since a while.

Avoid any non linear files (No gamma, no color profile), dithering-methods, or compression to this. Yes, to have a compression method one that is not without loss, will destroy this data as well.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 24 March 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-07-23

Hi,

Did the podcast file format change? I can’t play on my itouch - iso 5.1

Thanks,

MC