A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Making 2 identical cloner objects
Posted: 09 August 2019 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2017-01-08

Hello smile
How can I make 2 cloners that are instancing each other in properties?
Eg i got the cloner A that drives all values in cloner B.

So if i change it to grid array, clone b goes there too. I change count, clone b too etc etc.

Cheers!!

Posted: 10 August 2019 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi thanulee,

I think it would help to share what your initial target is, to find maybe something that fits. This feels like “in-the-middle-of-the-problem” question. Which typically results in more in a patch than a solution.

You just select the two Cloner Objects at once, and then all changes you make will be done to both of them. (The Selection Object comes to mind, to streamline the process.)
This is not instancing. But my only suggestion that will work with anything you set up. Anything mentioned below has drawbacks.

Next, use one Cloner to set up what you need, and the second is set to Mode> Object, while the first is dragged into the field to share its information.
This is not influencing each other, only a->B, not B->A
The key feature here is that you set the Distribution>Axis
The drawback is that any effector used in A is already changing B. Also here b is not changing A.
If the instancing of A changes to Render or Multi Instances, the connection breaks.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/rAXlUSo8CpTg74Uu0oWb1feydj0i2nF0NfobXLVpNWa

Perhaps better than the last one, you have a parent cloner and use this to feed any other Cloner from there. This allows for the use of effectors with no interference of others.
However: Some parameters are not distributed, as the Instances parameter, nor does it seems to work reliably via Xpresso

I would not recommend using Xpresso to connect all of those parameters, as many of them change. You might connect a few hundred on end, but after all, some ports won’t even share their information.

I’m not aware of a script or plugin that would do a parameter exchange bilaterally.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 10 August 2019 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2017-01-08

Thank u very much! It was a generic question cause sometimes i do procedural setups with many cloner objects so i guess a simple set driver/driven to count would be something to fill my needs smile

Posted: 10 August 2019 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, thanulee!

I will suggest something like that, e.g., a parameter inheritance tag. I can’t currently find the suggestion-form on the Maxon Web-Site.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]