A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

cloner radial
Posted: 08 October 2018 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2013-10-17

I have a line cloned in a radial array (as the star of a HUD design) and want to affect the rotation of each line (using start of line as anchor) as the group rotates through to create a concertina type expand / contract effect. Another way to describe it is like a wheel with spokes, as the wheel rotates around, the spokes fan out wider as they reach at the top point.

I have played around with a few tests but have not managed to get anything working successfully. Attached is one example where i can adjust the rotation with a shader effector to create the rotation spacing, however when i rotate the cloner, the spacing rotates with it, rather than it feeling like the array is fanning out as it rotates through the effector. sorry it is trick to explain such things smile

Could you suggest a way to do this?

File Attachments
dial_concertina_test_02.zip  (File Size: 71KB - Downloads: 61)

Posted: 08 October 2018 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi picturedrift,

It is all possible, if I get your idea correctly, inside of the Cloner.

Please have a look at the file below:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/nrbfxYQXwsXBkSVyhyHN3vZ92Da3JSbs4h7IL7Bhcdq

Cloner> Attribute Manager> Coordinates as well as Object tab.

The child [clone] of the Cloner must have its axis on the starting point of the line.

Let me know if this comes closer, or what is missing. I’m happy to look into it.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]