A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

5 of 11
CV-AR: Support
Posted: 03 January 2019 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi Chris,

Yes you can definitely do this. This was the main reason for the 1.5 update.

Start watching this video at 28 seconds in, it will tell you about the sharing features and how someone can send a capture to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXFg_TmXzTU&t=1s

Then once you get the capture zip file you just drag and drop the zip file into the CV-AR dialog and you can start using it. This is also shown in the video.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Kent

Posted: 03 January 2019 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-08-01

Hi Kent,

That’s brilliant, I must’ve overlooked the sharing feature on the video…my bad.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Best

Chris

Posted: 09 January 2019 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2017-07-20

Kindly please i need help i follow the installation video
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/cv-ar_setup_capture_import_and_rig_an_animji-style_facial_performance

but alwyas get this message
failed to connect cv-ar please check the ip address also make sure your phone is on the same wifi network as cinema 4d

steps that i make also

i update my iso to 12.1.2
before was only 12

but still not connecting

Posted: 10 January 2019 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi alharrbi3d,

Did you enter in the IP Address of your computer in the CV-AR preferences? It needs to be set to the IP Address of the computer that you are running Cinema 4D on.

Also your iPhone needs to be on the same network as your computer, so it needs to be connected to same wifi network, it is ok if your computer is hardwired as long as its the same network.

Alternatively there is a new way to share captures using the sharing method (share via dropbox, airdrop, icloud drive etc…). You can watch the following video and at about 39 seconds in it explains how to use the sharing features: https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-ar/cv-ar_version_1.5_overview

Also a few questions…

- What model iPhone/iPad are you using?
- What OS are you running C4D on?
- What version of C4D are you using?

Kent

Posted: 11 January 2019 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi MVP1234,

I don’t quite understand what it is you are asking for.

If you would like an example of all the blend shapes controlling the strength of pose morphs you can simply press the “Create Pose Morph” button on a Capture Object and then in the Pose Morph Helper Tag press “Create All Pose Morphs”.  You can then select each pose morph and start sculpting your blend shapes.

Note there is no way to get the sculpted blend shapes from ARKit. This is why you would need to sculpt them yourself.

You can also watch the video here: https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-ar/cv-ar_version_1.5_overview  and follow the steps for using the Pose Morph Helper Tag.

This is all documented as well.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 13 January 2019 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi MVP1234,

The CV-AR does not create the sculpted pose morphs. It only binds the blend shapes from the capture object to control the strength on the Pose Morphs. So you will need to sculpt all the poses yourself.

You can do this by selecting a Pose on the Pose Morph tag (when in edit mode) and then use the sculpting tools to move the mesh vertices. Then you can set the Pose Morph Tag to animate mode and when the blend shape value changes it will change the strength of your Pose Morph to move the face.

In future we would like to include a sample model that includes pre-sculpted poses for all the blend shapes. This is what I believe you are asking for. You would like a model of the face that you can bind to any capture object and see the animation immediately on the object, allowing you to control a default face using your own captures. It is on the todo list, but unfortunately there is no time frame for this at this point in time.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 13 January 2019 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi MVP1234,

Click on each of the blendshape links on the official apple ARKit help documentation (see the following link). At the top of each one you will see an image of what the blend shape affects on the model.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/arkit/arfaceanchor/blendshapelocation

For example this is what the lefteye blink blend shape will control

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/arkit/arfaceanchor/blendshapelocation/2928261-eyeblinkleft

Best,
Kent

Posted: 30 January 2019 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2018-11-08

I’m not sure if this is already known, but I found something that behaves not as described in the Help-System ...

If you import a Track and «Create Pose Morph», the created Polygon Object shows last frame of the animation.
If you then change in the «CV-AR Capture Object» -> «Face Mesh» to the new Polygon Object, the Polygon Object shows
first frame of the animation. Now you can for example use «Make Quad Mesh» and «Add Eyes».
Then change again «Face Mesh» to the original Object «Face Mesh [Locked]» and you’re able to move the new Polygon Object
beside (still showing first frame of the animation).

Now you’re able to click on the new Polygon Object and choose your desired blendshape, for example «Left Eye Blink».
But now the animation changes again to the last frame of the animation. That’s maybe not what you’re looking for. In my tracking-
animations, the first frame of the animation shows a more “neutral” face, and not the last picture ...

So, if you first delete the automatically added Posemorph-Tag, create it manually, the Polygon Object behaves as whished, still
showing first frame of the animation ...

- Delete the created Posemorph-Tag
- Create a new Posemorph-Tag -> under «Character Tags» choose «Pose Morph» -> choose Points
- Delete the new created «Pose.0»
- Go to «CV Capture Pose Morph Helper» and assign the new created «Pose Morph» to «PoseMorph»

Now you’re ready to add the desired blendshapes and the Polygon Object stays neutral, doesn’t show last frame of animation ...

Greez, Mike C.

Posted: 30 January 2019 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
Joined  2018-11-08

Baking the Blendshapes ...

If I understand it correct - apply some blendshapes to another Polygon Object and then use «Bake BlendShapes» or «Bake All», CV-AR creates a new PoseMorph with the baked blendshapes and also deletes the XPresso-Tag. The Polygon Object should behave as before baking - there is no longer need for the original animation ...

My Polygon Object doesn’t behave as before baking ... Well, all blendshapes were baked as I can check them out in the timeline ... (superb to check where action happens on the blendshape - faster then allways scrubbing arround in the animation looking out for a specific movement). Well, in fact nothing moves anymore ... it seems that the baked blendshapes are no longer connected to the movements I sculpted before ...

What did I do wrong ...

Greez, Mike C.

Posted: 31 January 2019 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-19

Hi Kent

I have the same problem as Mike. C.
I transferred data one by one to a new character. Everything works perfectly except for the bake of the blend shapes. After baking, the data is recorded in the pose morph and baked in the timeline, but the character no longer moves. Did I miss something?

Thank you for your feedback
Gabriel

Posted: 09 February 2019 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-02-08

hi!
running R20, and everything seems to be installed correctly. My PC is hardwired, and device is on wifi, same network.

The only difference from the tutorial is that i’m using the new ipad pro with FaceID. Could that be why?

It’d be great if this could work with the ipad, since i’m loving my pixel hehe

thanks!

Posted: 10 February 2019 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
polypoint - 06 February 2019 01:52 AM

Hi, the image sequences from the CV-AR iPhone X do show a very high degree of compression artifacts. Is it possible to adjust the compression quality (on the cost of the file size)?

Hi polypoint,

Yes you are correct. The images are slightly compressed. I have added a note to included an option to set the image compression for next time there is an update. Unfortunately there is no way to set this yourself at present.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16
slyjon - 09 February 2019 03:03 AM

hi!
running R20, and everything seems to be installed correctly. My PC is hardwired, and device is on wifi, same network.

The only difference from the tutorial is that i’m using the new ipad pro with FaceID. Could that be why?

It’d be great if this could work with the ipad, since i’m loving my pixel hehe

thanks!

Hi slyjon,

The QR connection method will still work if they are on the same network. Have you entered in the IP address of your computer into the CV-AR preferences?

If you are not able to get this going then you could use the new sharing method. Just share your capture to iCloud Drive, dropbox etc… and then just drag and drop the zip file that is created directly into the CV-AR dialog.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi MikeC and gabriel swiss,

Just letting you know that I haven’t forgotten or missed your questions. I just don’t have any time allocated at the moment to dive into them. I hope someone else here on the forum will be able to jump in and take a look in the meantime. They require a bit more of an in-depth look at the workflow in order to be able to answer them correctly for you, and may require a video to really show the correct workflow.

Best,
Kent

Posted: 10 February 2019 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]  
Joined  2018-11-08

Hi Kent

Thanks for your answer ... hard times for good Plugins ... smile

Anybody else who could press the Button «Bake BlendShapes» and see what happens?

Greez, Mike C.

5 of 11