A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Voronoi Fracture and particles
Posted: 09 May 2018 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-12-22

Hello! My project is a machine that brokes a pavement street
Is there a way to emit particles from a Voroni fractured object to pass them to turbulencefd as it collides with the different elements of the Fractured object?
I’ve tried to use the selections of the voronoi but they doesn’t seem to work with turbulencefd
Any ideas?

Posted: 09 May 2018 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi balero,

I had to install the TFD demo first.You are the first one who asked about TFD here. The information flow seems to go via particles, standard or Thinking Particles.

If Thinking Particles are used, the PMatterwaves seems to be an option to emit particles, but TP needs polygons for that. In other words, a copy is needed to be mate editable.
Selections can be used then inside of PMatterwaves. Since the polygons can be selected now individually, a better distribution can be achieved.

My suggestion here, set your Voronoi Fracture, if an Object> Offset Fragments is set, to invert, then make a copy and this copy editable.Modify the selection if needed and set up the PMatterwaves as you need it.
Place the TP-Group into a TP Geometry Object and place the TFD Particle Tag to it. To size and set up the TFD-Container should need no further explanation since you use TFD I guess since a while. (Otherwise there are example scenes in the Plug in folder of TFD.

Another way would be with Dynamics and small little objects. The size of the objects should be set to the dust volume they should simulate. It needs an inverse gravity and the Matrix Object as last NoGraph Object can produce the needed Thinking Particles.

Take this as brainstorming, since I have no budget to keep those plug ins, I have to rely on demo versions.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]