I’m trying to evaluate a potential purchase of Cinema4D for my office and I’m a bit hazy on the licensing and usage side of things. I can’t find all the info I need from the official site (partly because it doesn’t seem to be there and partly because some of what I need to know is more about user experience), so I thought I’d ask the hive mind.
So, a couple of questions:
1) If you have a single license, can you install C4D on other machines solely to use those machines as render boxes without having to buy an additional license for each one?
2) If you have a single license, is it possible to install it on multiple computers as long as only one user is running C4D at any one time?
3) If #2 is possible, is this practice also within the terms of the license?
4) How easy is it to move a licensed copy of C4D from one machine to another? Do you have to go through a deactivation/activation process, for example?
5) If there is product activation, how user friendly/reliable is it when it comes to initial activation and, more importantly, subsequent attempts to activate the same license?
I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.