A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Modeling a Fork with Polygons, Part 6
Posted: 11 April 2018 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2018-02-05

I’ve noticed that there is a difference with the FFD in terms of the following options:

1) Activate a new FFD from the deformers list. Then, in the viewport, manually move / scale points of FFD until satisfied. Then pull FFD points to get a desired effect. This tends to create undesired results when I hope to deform the mesh in predictable ways with and SDS generator.

2) Activate a new FFD from the deformers list. Then, in the attributes manager, use the grid size XYZ to scale the cage around my object. This produces predictable results.

Does this mean that there is only one way to use the FFD, through the attributes manager? Or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Fauntail

Posted: 11 April 2018 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Fauntail,

The settings of the size in the Attribute Manager creates the “Internal Reference”, any move with the points then is “seen” as change.

FIT TO PARENT is perhaps the first step. To scale it when it is a sibling might be a way, but I would use the suggested ways.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]