Thanks for the file, rsths13.
The “PDeflector” needs polygons, not generated objects. The Fracture Object is a Generator, and even a polygon is used as child/clone, it will not work.
Please have first a look at this clip (one minute), it might help to communicate the process faster.
Clip: one minute, you might download it for a better viewing experience
The idea is to use the red objects to place the blue objects (rain). I use here a Polygon-Selection to limit the amount, which is an option, not a mandatory step.
When the blue objects are placed, they become dynamic objects, and with the inverse gravity they flight up.
While the cubes (stone/soil placeholder) and the red objects are colliders, the blue objects will bounce until they move out.
This movement is “recorded” by the Tracer and result in a multi segment Spline.
This spline object can be used to move the blue objects from top to bottom to the red objects and they find their position “naturally”.
Since everything is now based on the spline, the animation is now fast and can be art directed by just editing parts of the spline.
I hope that is the fastest and most stable way.
Start and end scene file:
Please note, that I have replaced the red object with a polygon, to speed up the clip. The position of these were found via dynamic, Collider (static mesh) for the cubes and Rigid (ellipsoid shape) for the red objects.
To avoid the “all land at the same time” , perhaps split the solution up in several Cloner. E.g., Mesh>Spline>Explode Segments, the Spline and create a few Spline groups - Object Manager>Object> Connect Objects and Delete.
I have done this here. Note that I set up one Cloner completely, then copied it, and replaced the splines in the field. Since the naming was based on that idea, as in Cloner.1 to Spline.1, it was quick. Then I clicked on each Cloner once, to move the key frame elsewhere, to get a variety.
My best wishes for the project