A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV_VRCam renders a white square
Posted: 16 November 2017 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2016-08-06

Hellohello,

since last week I get a big thin white square line in my CV-VRCam renders.
The render itself is fine, but it added this rectangular white shape in left and right view.
It looks like the seems of the cube map is visible but I don’t know…

I have no idea what this could be and how I can fix this?

Posted: 04 December 2017 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Joined  2016-08-06

Hello everyone,

nobody knows what I can do about this?

I notice it happens only when I render a Cubic VR 1536s, every other CV-VR Cam render is fine.

Marina

Posted: 13 December 2017 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

There’s a known bug where a thin white line is sometimes rendered in equirectangular mode. It’s actually an issue in C4D itself, and should be resolved in R19 for both CV-VRCam and the Spherical Camera. It’s related to the angle and distance between the camera and object, and you can usually work around it in pre-R19 releases with a slight rotation or position shift on the camera (even a tenth of a degree in heading will usually get around it).

The other thing you might be seeing is an antialiasing artifact when rendering in strip mode. This is again something inherent in C4D which can’t really be solved in VRCam, but can be mitigated by adjusting your AA settings. More detail can be found in my Oculus Cube Map tutorial.

- Rick

ref#214899

Posted: 22 December 2017 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2016-08-06

Rick,
thank you very much for the explanation, that makes sense.
I will watch the tutorial and see if I can work my way arround it.
Have a great Christmas!