A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
Effect on image c4d
Posted: 27 September 2017 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Annet,

Thanks for the file. Much easier. If you like to see what the plug in does, make a copy of it and while it is selected (copy) press the c key. It will not work anymore, but you can see how it is built and how the textures are applied.  This is more to show that each page can have only one Texture Tag. With that, the option to apply two Texture Tags per page is gone.

I have set up a new file, based on yours. Please have a look here:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/DcdIGQKQwC8zNN6Nf9mld6JokUchYYDv8C95dpMHwh9

The Color Channel>Layers works pretty much like a Photoshop File, the layer transparency is here the “Layer Mask”.
Please note, if you have an image already in that channel, just click on that little triangle to add a Layer Shader, the image will be inside of it.

Let me know if there is anything not clear. BTW, I do not have animated the Gradient (Layer Mask) in the Material, but that is of course possible.
I’m happy to look in anything that you would like to explore, if there is anything that stops you otherwise.

My best wishes for the project

(Thanks to nitro4d.com to allow the testing of that plug in)

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 27 September 2017 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2017-09-19

Thanks Dr. Sassi, you are a great help to me..When i look into the layers in the material, i see there is so much (more) possible, next to the gradient channel.
I am just a beginner in c4d, but i already make beuatifull projects. Thanks again for your help (again and again). Next couple of days i am going to have a lot of experimantation i guess
grin

Posted: 27 September 2017 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Enjoy your project.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 September 2017 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Joined  2017-09-19

Thanks, no problem..

Posted: 28 July 2018 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Joined  2017-09-19

Hello Dr. Sassi,

I’m still has some trouble with the effect on the image.
I will send you my file in private.
The problem is: when i open the book; you will see the first image (in the color channel). Two images: one with the flower, the other one with the baby.
The gradient effect is not the most beautifull effect (i think).

What I want to do is: with the opening from the book, the flower has to dissepear very slow, the picture of the baby comes up instead.
I’m looking for some nice/warm effect. The gradiĆ«nt effect is to hard, not smooth.

I’m looking for some warm effect and i don’t want to remove the flower on the background totaly. The picture is the most important, but maybe there is some way to leave the flower on the background?

It’s seems like i can not figure this out.

Thanks.

Posted: 28 July 2018 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Annet,

To get the butterfly fading away, set a keyframe to the Layer, that is that little circle on the left of that Layer, so it becomes a red dot. Then move to the point where it should be nearly faded, and set another keyframe, just click into the red ring.

To get the photo appear, have an image that has no photo in it, just the four corners or even a photo with no content (Like the polaroids when they just came out of the camera), Then use the Layer mask to blend between the two.

You have chosen to have the Water Shader as the Layer Mask. Go into the Layer Mask, here the Water Shader and set both colors to white [keyframe that], then half the way one to black [keyframe] then again move the time-slider and on the end point of the transition, set the other color as well to black [keyframe this as well]. IF you really want the water effect the Frequency needs to be higher, for both
With out the Layer Mask, use the empty photo on top and animate the slider right sided by the image, so the other image with the content appears. Keyframe each step.

I have send the Scene file with the Image/no content to you. Please add the scene file to your folder and the image to the tex folder.

Let me know if there is any other question.

Enjoy your weekend

P.S.: previously I had send a file with a adjusted wood shader, to get the flickering out of it. You might have missed it. I see the problems again.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 28 July 2018 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

P.S.: Here is an “neutral” example of one of the many options to do it. (I think I saw it the first time in the late ‘90s, so I can’t remember who to credit for.)

Any gray image will work, I suggest to have at least 16bit/channel all the way. The Colorizer is then used to change the “image” from completely white to slowly turn black for the Layer Mask. The options are nearly endless.

Scene file/ Screen capture

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/hXfW9xM5fNLf6Vkw4E5b3xLjP0qwK9fRWavQ2yP8FcJ

Signature 

NEW:

2 of 2