A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Creating a Generative Chain of Connected Dynamic Objects from an Emitter
Posted: 26 February 2017 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2016-10-27

Hey

Coming back to Chris Schmidt’s talk on creating dynamic chains in C4D, I now need to create an emitter that simultaneously creates connectors between each object, so when I “spray” a bunch of particles, they remain in a chain and can be swept by a tracer, creating a silly-string effect… Or even a Houdini style Reaction-Diffusion effect dependent on gravity, etc…

I’ve attached my C4D scene file as a Gdrive link to show you where I’m running into trouble. I imagine the Xpresso will require a refreshing object/frame index of sorts so that the connectors are continuously refreshing their A & B paths.

Would be great to find a solution!

File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw4AQ_iwgwBpWVpjZ2JTYWJKdm8/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Hayden

Posted: 26 February 2017 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Hayden,

Please note that the Cloner Object takes the Child Objects once per frame (!) and generates from there. It produces this for each frame newly. If I try to follow your idea, then you might expect that the Clones already in the scene are finally written and NOT subject to changes after that. Well, that is not how it works. To progress the information and to change the information of only new Clones requires to be stored somewhere, but the child objects that have that information are at this point overwritten. So all Clones will have the same information at that point. And new if the information changes, all have this new information in the next frame, etc.
You need to explore this in Python and produce “from the scratch” a new object/connector combination each time, with the set up of the Connector as well. Which will fill the Object Manager, and with that, you have the place to store the information.

A little example—to see what happens: Make the Cloner Object editable, and explore what information was stored in each Connector.

One way could be to produce the max. amount of combinations clones, and fill then the information into those. While using the progress of, e.g., the Frame-Node to enable visibility and function of that current amount of combinations.

All the best

================

One favor I have to ask. Questions that build up on, but not longer directly related to the scope or frame of a tutorial should be posted in the Q&A forum, to keep things organized. It is not wanted to posted other than in the suggested way in the Tutorial Question Forum. Thanks!

As the Forum suggests:

Tutorial Discussion
This forum is for discussion about SPECIFIC tutorials. Don’t post here directly - posts should be created using the “Help with this Tutorial” button on tutorial pages.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]