A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

middle and right mouse buttons don’t work in the viewer
Posted: 09 February 2017 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2013-04-10

Hey,
lately I’ve come across a strange behavior in Cinema4d. From time to time my middle and right mouse buttons don’t work in the viewer after I start the program. I’m not 100% sure but I think in the rest of the program like adding tags or calling up the help, it seems to work however. It doesn’t matter if I use my normal mouse or the Wacom. Restarting Cinema isn’t enough and I have to do it for the whole system.
I have no idea why this happens. Maybe someone has an idea.

Thanks

Posted: 09 February 2017 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Maui,

This is a technical problem and we at Cineversity are not supposed to go into that theme.
This is the main part of the MAXON support, and that for a good reason: Anything encountered there is hot wired to the developers, and that is the way it should take.
https://www.maxon.net/en-us/support/how-can-we-help/

I waited a little bit, if someone else shares something. All parts of the systems, Application and if the OS needs it Drivers should be on the newest version (But: never update anything during a project, or use the newest patch for, e.g., a tablet. Industrial standard is to wait two weeks and see what happens.)

My only suggestion would be to trash the Preferences, and restart, but please go with the Support.

Anyway, sorry that you have any problems.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 10 February 2017 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2013-04-10

Hey Sassi,
no problem and I didn’t expect any true technical support here but wanted to see if someone elese encounters this behavior and if he/she has a solution. But you are right I will contact the support again (I once mentioned it to them but they never heard of such a problem).
Normally my system jas al the newest drivers ect.
What is also strange is that this also happens if I minimize the program. Maybe the support can help me out

Best
Pascal

Posted: 10 February 2017 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Pascal,

Please share all the data with the support. That this happen whill changing the size of the interface is certainly something that shouldn’t happen.

Fingers crossed.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]