A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Displacer seems not to update
Posted: 08 February 2017 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-04-01

Hi Guys,

im fairly new to Cinema4d, so prob something stupid im not aware of.
But in this instance i have a sphere with a displacer deformer on it in a group. If i rotate the group it stretches the displacement over the sphere during the animation, Ugly!!!. If i rotate the sphere itself , all goes well. I need them to be in a group. I tried it with a contraint to the group, that works fine too. So all goes well as long as the rotate input is in the channels of the sphere itself.
The displacer has a regular/procedural noise texture on it , with space set to texture. The type is set to intensity(centered) and direction is vertex normal.  It looks like its not updating normal direction during rotation.

Anyone understands what i mean and knows what im missing. Because i dont like the workaround. And i quess this should be possible to do quite easy.

thanks Geurt

Posted: 08 February 2017 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Geurt,

Please contact the Support. I deleted my previous message here. (It works fine, until the sphere is placed under a null, and rotated by that null.)
There is no direct way to work around it, it needs to be fixed in the app. The Constrain is a great idea, but it should work without, as I tested it on previous versions.
It is an refresh problem, and in on set up, while refreshed on the last frame, it destroyed the first. A render test showed, that this is not updated during rendering.

https://www.maxon.net/en-us/support/how-can-we-help/

It becomes even more evident while Refresh>Backface Cull is enabled.

Sorry for your trouble, and that is not how it should work.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 08 February 2017 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-04-01

Thanks for youre reply, i thought i was crazy, little problem has taken me much time. I will contact support. Thanks for youre time.

Geurt

Posted: 08 February 2017 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Geurt,

You mastered it well, explored it, and discussed it.

It is really a tricky one. It fooled me first, as I missed the connection to the Null. That is why I normally ask instantly for a scene file.

I hope it will be fixed ASAP, as in earlier versions it has worked, (I tested R17)

Thanks for your efforts.

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]