A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

cv-toolbox not loading R18.039
Posted: 20 January 2017 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-01-16

I’ve downloaded the toolbox (v1_78b.zip) for the first time, extracted, and copied the extracted files to /users/<me>/library/preferences/MAXON/Cinema 4d R18_… /plugins (on a MAC) and restarted C4D.

I can see the cv-toolbox folder with a lib and res subfolders under that ..../preferences/../../plugins/

The toolbox isn’t appearing in the plugins menu, and there’s no first-time login window appearing. I’ve looked at script/console and there are no messages - and no errors.  Have I misunderstood the instructions, or is there something else I can check?

Posted: 20 January 2017 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Perhaps it’s a permissions issue? Maybe double-check the permissions on the CV-Toolbox folder as well as the preferences folder in general.

What version of MacOS?

Posted: 21 January 2017 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2016-01-16

Thanks for your response Rick. I’m on an iMac Retina 5K late 2015, OSX is El Capitan 10.11.6

I have read & write permissions for the cv-toolit folder, its subfolders and files. This is consistent with other plugins.

Posted: 30 January 2017 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2016-01-16

This is now resolved. I deleted the cv-toolbox folder, downloaded afresh from the link on the menu bar, expanded, copied in and it works as advertised. Weird, but not worth bothering with any more.

Posted: 30 January 2017 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-01-14

I am using OS 10.11.6
Also, when loading c4D R15 I get a white screen for a good minute before it loads.  Only happens when the CV toolbox folder is in the plugins folder.  I have tried downloading a fresh toolbox and still have the same problem.

Posted: 30 January 2017 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Based on your other post, it sounds like something is preventing CV-Toolbox from connecting to the internet to get the list of available plugins. Do you have any antivirus, antimalware or related software installed on the system? Are you using a proxy server? Are you in an organization with router-level restrictions?

All CV-Toolbox is doing is requesting a specific file via HTTP from the Cineversity website, but for some reason that’s failing in your case.