A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

New in R11: Doodle
Posted: 08 July 2016 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-09-14

I just wathced the Tutorial about the doodl tool, hoping to find someting out wether you can or can not render the doodle in your preview render.

The tutorial doesn’t say anything about it…

I would like to block out my animation with the doodle tool and then render a hardware preview of it to check the timing. Is that possible?

Cheerio

moe

Posted: 08 July 2016 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi moe,

You can render it everywhere, but if you added “frames” to a Doodle, this triggers different states. Also: each window in the editor view (perspective, front, back, etc) has it’s very own Doodle.

If you like to specify how it is set up in your scene,  delete everything in a copy of that scene but the doodles, and share it here. We might find much faster what you need.

If there is more need for something else, perhaps set up several doodles for each Key Position and use the display Tag to ‘blend” among those.

Another way, perhaps too much work, is to export the Doodles and animate them in an Editing app, FCPX, Pp, Ae, Avid, etc. Then bring them back on a Front Object, with a alpha channel.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]