A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Character Rig Showing Weird cubes
Posted: 27 May 2016 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-05-17

Hi guys, I’m currently animating a free model I found: http://tf3dm.com/download-page.php?url=puo-4028-1037

When I rotate his head I get the following cubes show as his head turns. Any ideas guys?

Cheers,

Sam

Posted: 27 May 2016 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Sam,

When I click on the link I get an “Time Out” error 522.

The information that you have provided are pretty much zero. I don’t know even what method you have used to move anything.

Can you share the model, e.g., you can send me a dropbox link to my PM if you don’t like to share in public. If you have problems with that, I can set up an Upload link.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 27 May 2016 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the model, Sam.

Select the “Normal Tag”, and delete it. It should be fine.

If you need this one, for what ever reasons, create a Null object and drag it on this object to store it.

(A side note:I see it often, that an AO option is enabled, even the GI is already working. Note that the AO was decades ago an fake to show something like GI. AO is light based in GI. AO is NOT light based, it is even dark in a corner when there is a light close by. You might have aesthetically targets, but to my eye it looks more often than not fake and it is a render-time waster.)

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 May 2016 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-05-17

Wow thank you so much, that’s fixed it smile

Would you happen to also know how to scale that model with Armature without the proportions going all crazy?

Kind regards,

Sam

Posted: 28 May 2016 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the feedback, Sam.

Sorry for the delay in answering, I didn’t got an e-mail.

In the state where I got the scene, I would create a Null and leave that null at 0,0,0. Drag the mesh with Skin under the null as well the Joints. So you have two groups under it.

Then set the scale in the null for all three axis. Do it on a copy and test. It is only one mesh, but so many parts.

IF you really like to go very far with it, I would not invest too much time in this single mesh object. The little “kinda” hydraulic tubes will need an axis on both ends to work.

The two things that will be needed most for this will be, Main Menu>>Mesh>Conversions>Polygon Groups to Objects and Object Manager>>Object>Connect Object [and delete].
Most of the parts did not even to be weighted as they are not bending/deforming at all. As they follow to 100% the joints. Just a thought.

(Note: many people use the Group command. Normally nothing wrong with it, except, you have ANYTHING already animated in it, that goes south. To not even get the muscle memory to do that, I normally urge everyone to forget the group-command. It is not worth it.)

Enjoy

Signature 

NEW:

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      team render & xrefs ››