A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

cv-Render Splines Option to set it up using XP Material
Posted: 11 January 2016 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2013-04-10

cv-Render Splines works fine but would it be possible to get the Command to also set up an XParticles-Material (and add XP to the render settings)to the selected Spline ?
The Plug in is so common and widly used that this might be a nice addition. If possible the cv-Spline Tools would check if XP is installed for the version and if it finds one license it presents the user with an option dialog.

Best

Posted: 11 January 2016 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi Maui,

Thank you for taking the time to write in with a suggestion. Unfortunately, I don’t have X-Particles. In general, I try to avoid dependence on 3rd-party tools not available natively within Cinema 4D as it adds another layer to the number of things that can go wrong.

Do you not have access to Sketch and Toon? Is there anything X-Particles does w/ spline rendering that CV-Render Splines does not?

Perhaps you could suggest the idea of creating a “Render Splines” command to the X-Particles team?
Cheers,

Donovan

Posted: 11 January 2016 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2013-04-10

I totally understand that and I have the Studio Version so everything works fine and I can use the feature. It would just be one more option but it doesn’t take all to long to set it up manually.
I’m not sure if it does a lot things differently. You have the option blend the spline so that overlapping sections get brighter and you have a phong option to get specular highlights https://vimeo.com/118018785

Best
Pascal