A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Showing “Manually Installed”
Posted: 10 January 2016 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2012-03-02

Hi,

In CV Toolbox, I am seeing some plugins showing “Manually Installed”, I dont think I installed manually and I tried to remove all and reinstalled but same…! Even new plugin CV-Splines to Objects also showing manually installed.

Any other also having same issue or its ok, let it be like this…?

Thanks.

Posted: 11 January 2016 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-01-18

Yes l’m having the same problem too….did exactly the same thing in removing everything but it still ends up stating that CV Artsmart, CV Layer Comps Manager, Clean Mode, traditools and Selection Manager have been manually installed when they have not????.

Posted: 11 January 2016 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

I know that Rick is currently working to resolve this issue, but is having some difficulty reproducing it on his end. If you could, please:
1. Open CV-Toolbox
1.5 Take a screenshot showing the interface w/ the plugins that are manually installed.
2. Help > Report Bug/Idea…
3. Attach the screenshot
4. Add a description for what actions you took before the error occurred.

This will send Rick a log file which will make it much easier for him to diagnose what’s going wrong.

Some common issues include:
- Copying/Pasting your CV-Toolbox/Plugins install from one computer to another
- Moving your C4D installation
- Installing to a “symbolically linked” plugins/prefs folder that is shared between versions of Cinema 4D
- CV Toolbox being installed in your Applications/Plugins directory instead of your User Prefs/Plugins directory.

Thanks!

Donovan

Posted: 11 January 2016 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2012-03-02

Hi,

I sent it.

Best of luck.

Greets.

Posted: 11 January 2016 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Thanks for the bug reports everyone.

Unfortunately I still haven’t sorted out the root cause - I’m fairly certain it’s caused by the user deleting installLog.xml or errors writing installLog.xml.

In the meantime, I’ve changed the way “Manually Installed” plugins are handled. You’ll be able to check the items which are manually installed and install them via Toolbox after confirming that you understand this might cause duplicate installations if you did in fact manually install the plugins.

I’ve also added some additional debug logging to hopefully help us sort out the root cause of the issue.

We’re doing some testing internally on the updated version, and if things go well it should be available Tuesday.

Posted: 14 January 2016 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

Just a quick update - in testing the workaround I described above, I was suddenly able to reproduce the issue. So I pulled that update and am working to hopefully resolve the underlying cause of the problems.

Posted: 15 January 2016 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

Later today I’ll be pushing the update to CV-Toolbox version 1.77

This update fixes several bugs with the way the installation log was handled, which caused both the “manually installed” issue as well problems with the Verify Install Log function.

You’ll be able to update to 1.77 from within CV-Toolbox. After updating, you’ll still see the same plugins listed as manually installed. You can now choose to install those anyway, and if you’ve only installed CV Tools through CV-Toolbox I’d encourage you to reinstall everything by clicking all the checkboxes and confirming the various popups. Doing so will update your install log to make sure it contains the correct info, and should set us all up for success with CV-Toolbox going forward.

If you continue to have any issues, please use the Report Bug/Idea option in the CV-Toolbox Help menu. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

Thanks.

Posted: 15 January 2016 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Joined  2012-03-02

Thanks Rick for the update info.

I reinstalled all…. work fine, No more manually installed.

Thanks.