A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Why is CV-ArtSmart Object Shifting position when I open it on another computer with C4D and same plugins?
Posted: 03 December 2015 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-05-21

My object moves slightly to the left which is a problem if I am trying to render an animation in 2 parts on 2 different computers and sync them up afterwards.
Notice in the picture on the right that is the original, and then when I took the project to another computer, the CV-Art object shifted to the left as pictured in the Left picture below.

Posted: 03 December 2015 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Do both computers have the latest version of Art-Smart? It’s possible there have been some changes to the centering code between versions and they are out of step. Use CV-Toolbox to update to the latest ArtSmart version.

A quick-fix might be to make the ArtSmart object editable so that things are less likely to jump due to an ArtSmart programming difference.

Posted: 03 December 2015 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2013-05-21

Dude You F-wing fighter rock! The quick-fix trick worked straight off. I didn’t try the other update. But maybe I should do that…Thanks a mill. I had been working on this for over an hour to figure out….

Posted: 03 December 2015 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Glad to help! Let me know if you still experience issues after updating ArtSmart (I realize you’re probably under deadline so it might not happen soon). If so, the following info might help debug:

For each machine:
- OS
- Cinema 4D Edition & Version #
- Your AI File
- Your C4D File

Thanks!

Posted: 03 December 2015 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2013-05-21

Will do! yeah on deadline. Thanks again.

‹‹ CV smart object      CV-VRCam Problem! ››