A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

3 of 3
Pose morph correctional sculpting
Posted: 31 July 2017 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2013-12-01

Hi Dr Sassi,

Just thought I’d briefly return to this popular topic to observe that R19’s ‘Pose Space Deformations’ (PSD’s) seems to have solved the ‘pose morph sculpting’ problem!

Bret Bays short demonstration of the new feature seems to illustrate a very viable solution, with automatic and XPresso driven pose morphs which can be sculpted in pose!*

My complicated workflow using Correction deformers can now (probably)* be binned : )

Very pleased that Maxon addressed this issue and looking forward to using this new feature in R19!

Cheers.

Keith

*Addendum: Bret’s use of the Magnet tool noted in your post below. Bret mentioned ‘any of Cinema’s tools, like the Brush tool…’, so we’ll have to wait and see regarding the Sculpting tools. Hoping for the best. At least it looks like the problem has been recognised and is being creatively addressed with a new and potentially powerful feature.

Posted: 01 August 2017 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the post. Please note that he worked with the Magnet, not with the sculpting options.

You might even check the PoseMorph with R18 and the setting Correction. Since that places all the information as an additional layer, it might change the performance, so testing is certainly a must.

Anyway, things get better, I agree. I hope everyone will have R19 as soon as possible.

Since the NDA about R19 is not lifted, I can’t really comment on anything further, and what is presented is all there is.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

3 of 3