A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV Toolbox “All installations failed”
Posted: 30 October 2015 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-12-24

I downloaded the currently available version and installed it as instructed. When I launch it from the Plugins menu and attempt to install one of the plugins the screen reads “Installation Complete” at the top and “All installations failed” at the bottom. I have removed the plugin and reinstalled several times with the same result. (R17)

Posted: 30 October 2015 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Hi Ken,

Please submit a bug via the Help menu in Toolbox itself. That will include logs that I can look at to figure out exactly why it’s failing.

Posted: 16 December 2015 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-15

Same situation here. R17.048

Posted: 21 December 2015 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

I’m having trouble reproducing this issue, though I’m receiving lots of reports. Very few of the reports contain the logs which should be automatically attached, and would be really helpful in diagnosing the issue.

Are you still experiencing installation issues? If so, could you please submit a report with the cvToolbox.log file, and also post here that you submitted a report and whether you’re using Windows or Mac?

Sorry for the trouble, and I’ll get this sorted out as quickly as I can.

Posted: 21 December 2015 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-15

Rick,

Turns out it was 100 percent user error on my part.  I forgot to check the box on the left next to the component.  The line was highlighting, but I was not actually selecting any component.  Not my first time using toolbox, but apparently I had too many weekends since my last use.  The gray on gray checkbox and the bright orange highlighted line was a bit misleading.  Perhaps in a future update, if nothing is selected but the install button is clicked, it could throw a hint/error that nothing was selected to install, rather than appear as a download/install error?  My two cents, keep up the great work!

Cheers!