A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

What happens to premium plugins when subscription ends?
Posted: 16 October 2014 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-12-13

Hi, Rick—great work on all this stuff!
If I install CV Toolbox, and use it to install plugins available to premium subscribers, what happens when my subscription runs out? Do I loose the plugins I have, or just no longer qualify for updates? Any other issues with expiring subscription?

Posted: 16 October 2014 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Thanks!

Currently, all the premium plugins will continue to work if your subscription expires, the subscription just controls download / update.

I can’t guarantee that’ll always be the case - we’ve considered building subscription checks into plugins in order to license them. I realize that’s probably a bit less “friendly” but we also want to encourage continued subscriptions (either paid or via MSA). Again, at this point none of our premium plugins actually do this - it’s just something we’ve considered.

Right now, we’re hoping that the pace we’re releasing lots of cool tools and tutorials will keep everyone subscribing. There’s several new plugins/resources and some great tutorial series scheduled for release before the end of the year.

Posted: 16 October 2014 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2012-12-13

Thanks for the info and the prompt reply!

Posted: 09 October 2015 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2012-12-13

Is the above info still current concerning CV Toolbox plugins?

Posted: 09 October 2015 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Yes, the info above is still current.