A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

xpresso
Posted: 22 July 2014 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

Hello,

I would give real money for an exhaustive and complete overview of xpresso, going through all the functionality with clear examples of how to use each function.  There are a lot of things I can think of that I’d like to do with xpresso, but have no clue of how to go about it.

Thanks!

Posted: 28 July 2014 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jerome Olivier,

I have done way back in time an introduction series. ( With a rusty English at that time, which has hopefully changed since ;o)
What has not been changed, is the “inner mechanic” of XPresso. (XP in capitals, not a typo)

There are two main parts which are, more or less, mandatory to be understood. The first one is the “format” that runs through the “wires”. If this is not clear, ask in the forum (Cineversity Q&A).
The second part is of course the Nodes. It is NOT mandatory to know them all from the start, to get working.

Besides that, a good idea about logic and mathematic should be available, to have really fun with this option.

There is no big secret or something that can’t be learned. In fact, after a little while it will be pure fun, as it might accelerate or even improve your options.

For any question, please use the forum mentioned above. I hope I will be able to answer “anything” about the details, so you get up to speed very quickly.

All the best

Sassi

P.S.: There is always an option to use the 1on1 learning option, which is intensive and you have an instructor all for your self. There is no faster way of learning XPresso.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 30 July 2014 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2014-06-09

Thank you.  I’ll make sure to check out your series on xPresso.

All the best,

Jerome Olivier

Posted: 30 July 2014 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

I hope you find something useful in it, Jerome Olivier. (sorry for my typo in your name, I corrected it, one of my landlords in Berlin, Germany had the same name, I should know better)

BTW, I have learned it by trial and error, or call it playing. It might be a little bit slow (to avoid the term frustrating) while you are starting with it, but there is a point where it becomes a game, a puzzle to solve. It just needs some “critical-mass” of knowledge, and then it is a fun challenge. At least for me. :o)

Please ask ANYTHING that you like in the Cineversity Q&A. Each “black hole” in the knowledge about this will slow you down. I like to help. I’m certain that any question asked, will be useful for others, who don’t ask publically.
It also helps me, to see where a problem in learning this system is, and if I do a new introduction series one day, I will gratefully think back to everyone who supported it with questions about!

My best wishes.

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 09 August 2014 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2014-06-09

Dr. Sassi,

Just started with the xpresso tutorial this morning and am finding it fascinating.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you!

I’ll make sure to ask questions when they arise.

Jerome Olivier

‹‹ Low Poly Modelling      Guide Tool....! ››