A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-TOOLBOX & Custom Environment Variables
Posted: 28 November 2017 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-12-22

What up Cineversity Team. I’m trying out the new custom environmental variables in r18 & r19 following Rick’s Tutorial. They seem to be working pretty well, however this seems to cause issues for the CV-Toolbox.
I get a pop up warning stating that the plugin needs to be installed in the plugins folder within the C4D Prefs.
If this is a limitation of the plugin, then I guess it is what it is, but it would be pretty nice if this was able to take advantage of the Environmental Variable custom paths as well.
On a similar note, would the CV-Toolbox know to look in the Environmental Variables Plugins Folder for CV related plugins to see what ‘s there / what needs to be updated? And if so, would it know to update the plugin or install the plugin to that folder?

Posted: 28 November 2017 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

It’s a limitation of CV-Toolbox, for now at least. I’m hoping to dig in within the next month or so and see if I can remove the limitation.

Posted: 28 November 2017 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-12-22

Thanks for the speedy response Rick, and for looking into it. I highly appreciate it.

I ran a test last night, moving just the CV-TOOLBOX to the Prefs plugin folder, and keeping the individual CV based plugins in the custom path. Toolbox didn’t recognize any thing, which I gather would be part of the limitation.
I guess for the time being, it would be best to keep all the CV Plugins in the Prefs folder in order to continue using CV-Toolbox.

Side note: Thanks for the tutorial on creating the custom environmental variables. I’ve wanted to do something like that for a long time and had no idea that it was possible.
I’ve got it up and running now and it’s awesome.

You’re the man Rick!
Cheers