A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-VRCAM black Seam problem
Posted: 23 March 2017 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-03-23

I am having a problem where I see a black seam in my final renders while using CV-VRCAM. The seam seems to be following the plane highlighted in red in the first image I attached. I should also mention that it shows up in cubic map as well as equirectangular mode. I could use some help getting rid of that seam if someone has any ideas. Thank you.

Posted: 23 March 2017 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Try disabling Render Perfect on the sphere (assuming it’s on). In the scene I have that exhibits this bug that fixes the problem.

Posted: 23 March 2017 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2017-03-23
Rick Barrett - 23 March 2017 02:52 PM

Try disabling Render Perfect on the sphere (assuming it’s on). In the scene I have that exhibits this bug that fixes the problem.

That seems to have fixed it, thank you very much.

Posted: 23 May 2017 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2017-05-23

Does anyone have the cv vr plugin?, email is—REDACTED—

Posted: 23 May 2017 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02
lenladd - 23 May 2017 10:08 PM

Does anyone have the cv vr plugin?

Hi @lenladd,

If you are a premium Cineversity member you can get CV-VR Cam through the CV-Toolbox. Download and installation instructions are here:
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/cvvrcam_install

To become a Cineversity premium member, you have a couple options:
1. Purchase a premium subscription directly from Cineversity.
2. If you are an MSA (Maxon Service Agreement) holder, you can contact your reseller for a coupon you can apply for 1 year of Cineversity Premium access.

Developing CV-VR Cam and all of our other premium tools, tutorials, and resources is labor-intensive. The cost of that labor is paid through premium memberships. If you need the tool, we ask that you pay for it so that we can continue to improve it and release more tools to meet your needs.
Thank you,

Donovan
Freelance Cineversity Tool Developer & Tutorial Author

Posted: 24 May 2017 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2017-05-23

I dont get it, There are a lot of students who cant afford this membership like me, $295 for 1 download, couldnt you just sell the plugin instead?.

Posted: 07 June 2017 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

@lenladd - If you’re enrolled in an institution that teaches Cinema 4D - please reach out to your instructor. Have them contact their local Maxon distributor about setting up Cineversity accounts for their students.