A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Weight Painting, Part 3: Using the Weight Tool and Fixing Deformation Problems
Posted: 22 May 2017 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2016-11-18

Dear support,
sadly some of the principles shown in this video wont work anymore in cinema 4d r18. I’m not sure when they were changed, but especially the part where bret talk about “setting it to absolute with multiple joints selected, it will automatically calculate the 50% per joint” simply does not work any more.

In general I miss a part on the rigging problems, rather than how to start from the beginning. For instance, when having some weights applied and you want to remap joints, there seems to be no way to apply a weight and overwriting the existing one by it.

Maybe there is a chance that one of your trainers faces thos propably very common problems, especially after having autorigging applied.

Thanks
Phil

Posted: 22 May 2017 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Phil,

Would you mind to give me the time in the tutorial where he said it? I went several times through it and can’t find the sentence you mentioned.

Thanks a lot.

I can not reproduce the problem. Is that the same on your side?
One minute clip
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/d0Pc6VFzCskO1f8HWayZggJG67JOTZyzoO0UUJkoLYX?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

If so, check out “Normalize”

All the best

philmaron - 22 May 2017 12:44 PM

Dear support,
sadly some of the principles shown in this video wont work anymore in cinema 4d r18. I’m not sure when they were changed, but especially the part where bret talk about “setting it to absolute with multiple joints selected, it will automatically calculate the 50% per joint” simply does not work any more.

In general I miss a part on the rigging problems, rather than how to start from the beginning. For instance, when having some weights applied and you want to remap joints, there seems to be no way to apply a weight and overwriting the existing one by it.

Maybe there is a chance that one of your trainers faces thos propably very common problems, especially after having autorigging applied.

Thanks
Phil

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]