A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Software C4D
Posted: 14 April 2017 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2013-07-16

Hello
Professors
What is the ruling on the use of fancy users whose versions have crack?
Knowing that it’s the hobbyists who use such copies and say they do not have the money to buy and they are not companies or studios to buy it and we buy the authorized copies

Posted: 14 April 2017 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ahmendmostafa,

Difficult theme. To use the software falls always under a license agreement, even the demo version or a student version is a license based use. There is no exception. I think “pirating” is the best description for it.

The first question would be, where these people got the pirate versions from, … typically from some obscure sources. That those have more often than not “phishing” or “ransom-ware” included is not a big secret anymore. Any danger that comes from that co-installed “time-bomb” is on everyone’s own risk of course. But: Think about sending a file from that pirate app to a render-farm, it will be instantly known, and if it had some ransom ware in it, it might get really pricy. Or how much it does to one’s friends, if a scene file is shared.

No support, and typically no plug ins, no patches and every file shows it, always hiding, never feel safe again. Just a question of time…

Someone who uses it with a fantasy “law” as excuse, must be aware that it can create serious consequences. Everyone sets the bar for him- or herself how ethical or trustworthy their work will be seen on the long run. Since the community is not an infinite large group, those “stains” once earned are hard to get rid of. This industry is build on trust, especially in small agencies or among freelancers – software pirates and their followers will not level up to that needed trust: A ruined career before it even really started. “Great result”, while the learning is the most expensive (time is pretty much the most expensive thing we can have), not the software! It is that simple. Any law based questions aside for now, which might vary from country to country.

People think it will never come out. Well, time will tell.

I can only encourage everyone to get clear about one’s very own target. How much it is worth to feel always like the ugly thief and have always to hide one’s files, or on the other hand – how it feels to be part of a great group of creatives who have fun and can trust each other and grow together with no boundaries.

If there is anything else you might want to do in this case, please contact MAXON directly, as I can speak only my very own mind here, I’m not a lawyer.

Have a great weekend.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]