A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-VRCAM/Skybox - Incorporating 2D Graphics
Posted: 24 August 2016 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-03-11

I followed Rick’s tutorial (for the Sketch and Toon kitchen) using Cineware in AE, but instead of simply exporting my file to Youtube VR, I want to incorporate 2D graphics animating over the duration of 30 seconds, while there is no animation in the C4D file, it’s only a background. I’m so confused on where the 2D elements would go (which precomp that Skybox creates) in order for those 2D graphics to appear in my 3D C4D space. Thanks for any advice. k

Posted: 24 August 2016 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi kennyeditINDY,

I hope my reply is based on a good duplication of where you are at the moment. With out a scene file this is sometimes not easy. As I’m not clear if the 2D should acknowledge the camera or if the 2D is independent.

The simplest answer would be to place the 2D elements into your Kitchen scene on a separate layer, then render just the 2D elements, which keeps camera and anything in sync.

(As a side effect of this, you might have even the option to use the kitchen geometry as shadow catcher, to “anchor” the 2D parts in a better visual way.)

Eventually, render a mask, so you can composite it in a better way on top of the footage already done. (Light Wrap and edge blur for example.)

Before you convert the footage, based on Rick’s suggestions via SkyBox, you composite these elements. The key idea here is to get the “equirectangular-projection” in a perfect fit to the previous footage.

Any other technique with elements is explained on the Mettle site:

http://www.mettle.com/skybox-tutorials/

Sorry, my three trials with mettle are expired, so I can’t share any scene file.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]