A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Privacy Settings?
Posted: 05 June 2016 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-06-05

Hi

I’m trying to watch
http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/getting_started_with_cinema_4d/getting_started_with_cinema_4d_part_02

But the video just says “Sorry, because of privacy settings this video cannot be played here”.  I clicked the link to change the stream type and tried all 3 versions, but get the same response.  I’m not behind a firewall or proxy or anything fancy.

Thanks for the help.

Mikie

Posted: 06 June 2016 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Hello,

That is an interesting problem. Let’s see if we can help you debug it. smile

Can you view Part 01 or Part 03 of the series?
What browser are you currently using?
Is your browser in incognito/safe mode?
Are you using Windows or Mac?

Thank you for your patience. We’ll try to get these working for you.

Best,
Michelle

Posted: 06 June 2016 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-06-05

Great, thanks for that smile

I can view part 1.  I cannot view part 3.

Aaahh.  Your incognito/safe mode question got me looking harder - I use the privacy badger plugin, which I often forget I’m running.  It blocks or whitelists tracking cookies based on invasiveness. 

Besides the more notorious s7.addthis.com, It was blocking cookies from player.video.com.  Once I enabled cookies from vimeo - it all works.  I guess it uses them to see where in the lesson the user is?  (Haven’t run in this same issue at Udemy, or elsewhere)

//M

Posted: 14 May 2018 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Hello BlackMatter,

This is usually caused by a firewall or addblock extensions on browsers.

Does this problem occur on other browsers?

This is the first time I’ve heard of Brave Browser. It could very likely be Brave browser has privacy settings that are blocking the embedded videos to play properly. The NAB rewinds have open embeds, while the other video’s you have listed have limited embeds to play on Cineversity specifically.

Best,
Michelle

‹‹ subscription      Download Tutorial ››