A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV-Boole Tools and R17
Posted: 14 September 2015 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2006-06-20

Are CV-Boole Tools no longer included in the CV Toolbox?  Are they no longer needed?

Am searching for them but can’t seem to find them.

Thanks

TAK

Signature 

“Nothing is Easy”
     ————Jethro Tull

Posted: 14 September 2015 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

They’re still being updated to R17. Stay tuned!

Posted: 09 October 2015 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-10-28

Does this plugin work for R17?

Posted: 19 March 2016 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2012-03-02

... and in that, I think CV Boole also need some updates.

Few cubes in null object are cutting a cylinder…. it will not work until cubes are converted to single object.

Please see if can be possible.

Posted: 20 March 2016 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi iacdxb,

This is not a problem of CV-Boole, so far I can see it here, it needs to be solved inside the Boole Object itself.

Thanks for your input.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 21 March 2016 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2012-03-02

Thanks Dr. Sassi for reply.

I dont think Boole will be update soon or in upcoming c4d version.

I am not expert in programing and its language but I hope it cna be in CV Boole.
Now its just cutting form A to B, but in CV Boole in two steps. While Boole process boole,  1: calculate/see object A (cubes) if need merge it and then 2: cut B (cylinder).

thanks,
imran.

Posted: 21 March 2016 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Imran,

The CV-Boole is not changing the way Boole works internally, it is a management tool, it is supposed to support your work and safe time.

This special case that you have shown is perhaps one of the few cases where Boole does not deliver.

My suggestion: when you need a shape that has resulting segments all on the same “plane”, perhaps use Splines and the new Spline Tools (see image). With an Extrude applied to the result, this will allow you to even specify the created surface (Caps: N-Gone, Triangle, Quadrangles, [Grid]) where the problem with the example was before. (Perhaps even explore “CV-Splines To Objects”) Then Boole it with the sphere, given your example.

Again, this should be discussed in a new thread in the QA Forum, with a current problem. CV-Boole can’t change that.

As I think that this specific case is very well known, I’m not even certain if a “suggestion” is worth to invest your time.
http://www.maxon.net/support/suggestions.html
But it can’t hurt ;o)

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 23 March 2016 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02
iacdxb - 19 March 2016 10:49 AM

... and in that, I think CV Boole also need some updates.

Few cubes in null object are cutting a cylinder…. it will not work until cubes are converted to single object.

Please see if can be possible.

Hi, developer of CV-Boole Tools here. CV-Boole Tools is relatively “dumb”, it asks you the user to decide how to combine objects. When a bunch of objects are grouped under a null it’s unclear whether the best course of action is to Connect them (CV-Boole Connect - fast but doesn’t handle overlaps) or perform a Union (CV-Boole Union - slower, but creates “solid” geometry). In this situation, select those three Cubes and run CV-Boole Union. Then select the round object and the joined cubes and run CV-Boole Subtract.

- Donovan