A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Attachment size increase - please!
Posted: 01 April 2019 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2019-04-01

Dear Admins of Cineversity forum!
It would be so awesome if attachment size was increased to 1920x1080 px.
It’s really hard to take a screenshoot and fit it to 800x600 px to keep it legible.

Two thumbs up for the forum!
P.

Posted: 02 April 2019 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Pawel Dudko,

Thanks for your input.

If I may put my personal take to this, I love scene files, and I have only a very slight interest in screenshots.
After a few ten thousand cases and 14 years doing this online work, I might have an idea about this.
It often takes a lot of time to search, and the amount of data given with a screenshot is super limited.
They might tell a lot to the author, but it is not really a good source for me. I found scene files are the key for the forums work.

Dropbox has a free two GB offer, which is the preferred way, and I’m always happy to create an upload link.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 02 April 2019 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2019-04-01

Sure, you’re right. Scenes are #1 for understanding, what’s going on and there’s much more behind the screenshot!

However, currently I’m preparing some captures for our other discussion and it’s rather tedious work to copy, paste, create 800x600 px images, when I could quickly attach renders with description. It’s just extra time I need to take to explain myself, while already tired with errors :(

Posted: 02 April 2019 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We will look into increasing the size allowed of the attach files. Unfortunately it might be a limitation of the current forum platform we are using.

Best,
Michelle

Posted: 02 April 2019 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2019-04-01
Michelle Brand - 02 April 2019 02:21 AM

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We will look into increasing the size allowed of the attach files. Unfortunately it might be a limitation of the current forum platform we are using.

Best,
Michelle

Thanks a lot Michelle! Keep my fingers crossed for that :D