A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

8 of 11
CV-AR: Support
Posted: 09 January 2020 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2020-01-09

I’ve dropped the downloaded CV-AR folder into my plugins and restarted C4D several times, but can’t get the plugin to appear in my Extensions tab. I’m running R21 on PC, will this affect the plugin?

Will.

Posted: 09 January 2020 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]  
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2019-11-04

The plugin does not work with R21 and no update from Maxon on that. I finally got them to issue me a temp R20 license to get data off which should arrive today.

Posted: 19 February 2020 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-01-31

Hi, are there nay updated about this please?

Posted: 02 March 2020 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Moves by Maxon is now available!
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/moves_by_maxon

This is the next iteration of CV-AR for R21 and moving forward.

Posted: 17 March 2020 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-10-11

Hi,

I have big issues with CV-AR. I used the older version in R20, and then plugin stopped working, so I updated it and textures on meshes are off since then. Both old and new scans. Eyes don’t align anymore. I’m now trying to use R21 and Moves by Maxon, but that app in phone looks buggier, also plugin in C4D gives me an error with IP even though I setup the same as in R20. Are you planning to update and fix CV-AR? Or you will be working on Moves by Maxon since now? Thank you Jan

Posted: 26 March 2020 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]  
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi Jan,

CV-AR should not stop working. There is no time limitation or anything else that would stop it from working. Perhaps you could share your version of C4D that you are using and what OS?

You mentioned you “updated” the CV-AR plugin, but there was no recent update to this for R20. Are you using CV-AR 1.5? What were you using before? Have you made sure to completely delete CV-AR 1.0 from your machine and all your plugin paths and plugin folders before you updated to 1.5 (assuming that is what you did).

Moves by Maxon app works the same as CV-AR since it effectively is the same app but with additional features for Body Capture. I am not sure what you mean by looks buggier. If you are experiencing any bugs then please report them to Support: https://support.maxon.net/open.php

If your network is having issues with the IP address method then you can use the Sharing feature to send the captures to a dropbox or iCloud Drive instead.

Cheers,
Kent

Posted: 10 April 2020 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2019-09-16

I hit a road block. I’m using the new Moves by Maxon. I did a face capture, got it into my scene and plays back just fine.

My goal is to find a workflow to get the captured mouth performance onto another mouth object that I have.

On the Face Capture Object I click on Create Pose Morph and I get a Polygon object with all the tags. In the Pose Morph Helper Tag, I go into Blend Shapes and click on the Mouth parameters that I want. In the Pose Morph Tag I see the poses are in place and I see them animate in the tag properties. At this point should the Polygon object be animating the facial performance? I playback the timeline and nothing is happening. Do I copy the tags from the Polygon object onto my own Mouth object that I am trying to attach the performance?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Posted: 10 April 2020 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]  
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi thecosmicpulse,

The Pose Morph Helper Tag is there to help you understand how you can hook up your own model to a posemorph. It has all the xpresso setup to show you how you can drive a pose morph parameters from the capture data. It also allows you to sculpt each pose using the sculpting tools and see them being driven by the capture data, but this is not what you want to do. What you need to do is setup your own xpresso to drive parameters on your own mouth object, so you can look at how the Pose Morph Helper Tag has done it and then do the same thing for your object. You can even completely ignore the Pose Morph Helper Tag and just setup the Xpresso however you want it and use whatever blend shape parameters from the capture data to drive your mouth object. I would suggest looking into some Xpresso tutorials to see how this is done, I do not have any links myself to show you unfortunately.

If you have any other questions you can directly ask on Maxon support: https://support.maxon.net

Cheers,
Kent

Posted: 11 April 2020 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi thecosmicpulse,

As Kent said, to set up your own posemorph.

This question also came up in the Q&A forum as well, so I have looked into it.

If I get the idea correctly (Kent is the authority here!), then the automated PoseMorph and Xpresso sqettings are all you get. The PoseMorph slider, as well as the RangeMapper in the Xpresso, is the end of the provided information.
The actual expression of the face itself is not transferred. Going by the name of each PoseMorph, these have to be set up manually and have match each name.

I have developed a few sketches for the development of workarounds:
https://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/3961/
https://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/3887/

But they are limited and more (as mentioned) a sketch. Please understand that a different mesh has a different amount of points. Besides that, each point might be located differently, comparing point ID numbers. Hence why the Moves By Maxon app can’t just magically transfer the Blend-shapes from the given mesh to something completely different. Here, so my assumption is the roadblock that you have encountered.

If you have a mesh that has the points as well the point ID numbers 100% congruent to the neutral MbM mesh, then it is an easy task to transfer. If so, please ask in the Q&A forum and share the two meshes, I will set up an Xpresso for you.

All the best, stay safe, stay healthy.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 11 April 2020 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]  
Joined  2019-09-16

Thank you so much for the clarification and guidance, Kent and Dr. Sassi. I have a better understanding of what I need to try and learn next week. I’m still excited to try and implement Moves in to my workflow. Have a great weekend and stay safe.

Posted: 11 April 2020 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, thecosmicpulse, thanks for the kind feedback.

Yes, Kent is undoubtedly great, and his input on my own questions, a while back,  is very much appreciated as well.

I think what he has created will undoubtedly have an impact on many productions. I really look forward to all the results from “our” artists/members here on Cineversity.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 14 April 2020 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]  
Joined  2019-09-16

Again thank you for your response and guidance. Spending some time and getting a better understanding with Moves by Maxon I’m starting to see the configuration and limitations of this. Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

When creating the “Create Pose Morph” and getting the Polygon Object closely resembling the performers facial structure. It would be nice to get a Polygon Object with a Pose Morph Tag with all the Poses already laid out and named according to their Blend Shapes but with built in strength values to visualize what the Blend Shape property could look like. Then I could go in and attach values using xpresso and make sculpting adjustments. It’s hard to visualize what some of these Blend Shape names should look like when sculpting such as Mouth Shrug Lower Lip.

My thought with using the Range Calibration Capture is that it could capture my resting and maximal expression which could calibrate my poses min and max values. I was thinking with the previous idea, you could calibrate the default Polygon Object’s min and max values to better adjust to the facial performance.

A quick workaround idea I had was trying to isolate just certain Blend Shapes from the original Face Capture. As I wanted just the mouth performance I was thinking of merging the polygons from the Face Performance to my own face object. So it would be nice if I could just isolate certain polygons bases on the Blend Shape groups that I need.

Sorry if these ideas are not clear. Just some thoughts I had while exploring Moves. Doing some mograph with just the Face Capture is still very powerful!

By any chance is there a model built with a Pose Morph tag that has strength values with poses resembling the Blend Shapes?

Thank you!

Posted: 15 April 2020 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi thecosmicpulse,

Nice supportive idea.

I think that is a request to the developer of the application, as there is the direct knowledge which points are affected by each defined pose (I assume).

To add to that suggestion, perhaps a Solo button to each parameter Face Capture Object> Attribute Manager> Blend shapes. While it has the function to solo this Blend shape or while clicked with the option/alt key down, it shows an approximate 100% of the expected max. change.

Fingers crossed that your idea will find some attention.

Cheers, stay safe, stay healthy.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 08 May 2020 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2019-11-04

Hey,

There doesn’t appear to be version of this included in the toolbox for R21, and I can’t install it manually. Got any advice?

Cheers,
Ed

Posted: 08 May 2020 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ed,

Please have a look at post #138

Michelle Brand - 02 March 2020 05:39 PM

Moves by Maxon is now available!
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/moves_by_maxon

This is the next iteration of CV-AR for R21 and moving forward.

ENJOY.

Signature 

NEW:

8 of 11