A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Weight Painting, Part 1: Understanding Weighting and Normalization
Posted: 14 August 2018 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2012-05-01

Hi,
I’m watching this Tutorial on Weight Painting and at time 7:35, Mr. Bays is able to select Edge Loops while Weight Painting. I have tried this in the same order as him (Switch to Edges Mode, select the Polygon Object, switch to the Loop Selection tool), but I am not able to do this (screenshots attached). The geometry ignores the Skin from the Character Object.

I desperately need to be able to select the geometry while my character is in a pose to smooth the transitions.

Can anyone help or explain why I’m unable to select the components in Weight Painting?

Thank you.

Posted: 14 August 2018 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi blastframe,

For any question directly based on a tutorial, the Help button under the tutorial video, is the way to ask. This keeps things organized, including head lines. Thanks for considering, as it helps others to find the content. I have made the needed changes, and all is fine. It happens often, so no problem.

In the editor view, got to “Configure All…” (Attribute manager> View Settings)

In the Attributes Manager> Display tab, go to “Deformed Editing” and check this on. Your problem should be solved now. If not, please let me know.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 14 August 2018 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2012-05-01
Dr. Sassi - 14 August 2018 03:44 PM

Hi blastframe,

For any question directly based on a tutorial, the Help button under the tutorial video, is the way to ask. This keeps things organized, including head lines. Thanks for considering, as it helps others to find the content. I have made the needed changes, and all is fine. It happens often, so no problem.

In the editor view, got to “Configure All…” (Attribute manager> View Settings)

In the Attributes Manager> Display tab, go to “Deformed Editing” and check this on. Your problem should be solved now. If not, please let me know.

All the best

That worked! Thank you very much, Dr. Sassi!

Posted: 14 August 2018 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, blastframe!

Enjoy your project.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]