A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

CV ArtSmart Copy question
Posted: 03 May 2018 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2018-05-02

Hello,

I have a curious question I’m not quite sure how to answer on my own. When capturing a selected object, from which camera angle does CV ArtSmart capture the edges from? Is this adjustable?

Posted: 03 May 2018 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

I don’t think it’s using a camera angle per se. I think it’s just using the XY location of the points in object space (possibly world/global space). Your best bet would be to look through Front View in order to get a sense of what will be transferred to Adobe Illustrator.

Posted: 03 May 2018 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2018-05-02
Donovan Keith - 03 May 2018 02:58 PM

I don’t think it’s using a camera angle per se. I think it’s just using the XY location of the points in object space (possibly world/global space). Your best bet would be to look through Front View in order to get a sense of what will be transferred to Adobe Illustrator.

Thanks for the info (and quick response, wow!) Looks like I’ll have to tinker around with it some more. In the meantime I’ve found a small workaround to grab the isometric edges of an object by using 45/35.2644 rotation. Now I’m wondering if there’s an easier way to do this. Either way, this works, and I can get the edges into Illustrator.